Nyati Security Solutions was founded in 2008 and is located in East London in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa.
The Founder member, Patrick Stephenson was educated at Selborne College in East London. He has 30 years of security experience, much of which was gained in the military. In this time he has been awarded a numerous awards and decorations. He holds the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel and was appointed Officer Commanding a military unit for a period of 7 years. During this time he led the Unit to achieve the “best run” Unit in the Eastern Province and Border area for the last four years of his command, until all units were closed by legislation.
His firm grounding in the security industry was gained at Gray Security Services in East London where he managed the largest corporate clients such as Daimler Chrysler, Nestle, S.A. Breweries, Rehau Polymer and S.A. Airways. A certificate received from SAA rated the site the best in the country in 2001.
He was appointed at Corporate Protection Services as General Manager in 2005. He commenced duties with approximately 30 guards. Within two and a half years he grew the business to approximately 600 guards based in 24 different towns in 5 of the countries provinces. Clients include : Just On Cosmetics, Da Gama Textiles, the Jumbo Stores group, a number of schools, Venture, Otto, Southern Star, Burmeisters (Fleet and Beacon Bay),UTI Couriers and Crosscape Express Couriers.
Our mission is to be the leading provider of a comprehensive high quality, cost effective security service to selected businesses to provide an integrated approach to asset and people protection and reduce the risk, loss or disruption to our customers' businesses by utilising manpower and technology to our best advantage.
We inspire honesty and truthfulness amongst our employees. This equally reflects the basis of our relationship with our clients. Employees will be recognised for their ability and achievements. Our employees will be developed to their full potential within the constraints of the organisation. We encourage the effective flow of communication. Our employees are expected to present a professional service by reflecting attributes such as reliability, respectfulness, friendliness and courteousness.
We shall have pride in our appearance and conduct with the understanding that security officers are often the first point of contact on our clients' premises. We shall endeavor to provide a safe working environment and continue to improve and update our systems and processes thereby ensuring a pro-active approach.
What gives Nyati their competitive edge
- We view ourselves as a business partner rather than a mere service provider.
- We believe in and practice a “hands on “approach by management.
- We believe in going the extra mile.
- We believe in and practice a pro-active approach.
- We offer a service that meets customer expectations first time, on time, every time.
- We adhere to a professional dress code with the attitudes of our staff that match.
- We provide well managed, highly-trained, reliable, disciplined and motivated staff.
- We continuously improve on service levels by in service training whereby staff members are evaluated on a regular basis.
- We offer a consistent and reliable service.
- We continuously improve on our customer service by reviewing and adapting to the customers' changing needs.
- We offer tailor made services that meet specific customer needs.
- Our management system delivers on customer expectations.
- Our security officers are held accountable for their actions.